POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: Chambers
Date: 9 May 2009 11:05:46
Message: <4a059bca$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/8/2009 4:29 AM, John VanSickle wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Man can be held to a different standard because we are a sentient species
>> who understands the consequences of irresponsive behavior.
>
> Why should that be the criterion for a differing standard of behavior?

Because it allows us to.

You cannot hold a cat morally responsible for killing a family of mice
because the cat is incapable of understanding morals.

You can hold a person responsible for killing a family of people because
the person is capable of understanding morals.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com